It depends what you mean by human instinct. The heroes of war are glorified by society and many books and films portray war in a negative light but the outcomes are often positive. I think that causing conflict is in human nature. We argue because that's how we're programmed, but war is just when there's a build up of anger in many different people. However, some people are naturally warlike and like to cause conflict. It depends on your upbringing, I think, and the way war is portrayed to you. In conclusion, I think that war is not driven by human instinct but by human feelings. /I don't think I answered this question/
Instinct plays a big part in the decisions that we make,the lives we live and the people that we associate our selves with. However as we grow as a person our instict grows and changes with us and for some people I believe that it can evolve to make us strive for conflict and confrontation, so in that aspect I believe it can effect our views about war. Never the less I think that in most people our compassion and morals out weigh our instinct, making us think twice out matters as serious as this. In conclusion I believe that although instict plays a big part in our decisions regarding this the things that play the biggest part are our morals and compassion. Tom Neate
Humans are naturally confrontational people, and our instinct is to always want more than we have got. This obviously leads to conflict, with people battling over what is theirs. I think it is not in our instinct to give up innocent lives, however it is rather frightening to think of the lengths the people in positions of power will go to to get what they want.
I think humans by nature are greedy, selfish and always wanting more than they've got making us confrontational and sometimes violent. Also that it is human nature to lash out before calming down and deciding their best course of action. I also think that war is glorified by our society making it seem glamorous and that it is a noble undertaking to lay down your life for your country. In conclusion I think that war is driven by our instincts but it's strange that before war everyone is horrified by its outcomes but during war our patriotism sky rockets but with us still knowing about wars horrible consequences.
Although humans tend to trust their instinct and use it as a form of deciding whether to carry something out or not, war however is a form of human invention. This links to the question of whether war is inevitable to the human race, whether us as mature beings can settle a situation without it resolving in war. It is almost remarkable to risk the length of ones life, merely to prove a point, or contribute to the satisfaction of their competitive attitude. In conclusion, my personal view is that war is not driven by human instinct, it is of us as a human races invention, and we have decided to use war to resolve each issue between two countries. Freya Warsi
It depends what you mean by human instinct. The heroes of war are glorified by society and many books and films portray war in a negative light but the outcomes are often positive.
ReplyDeleteI think that causing conflict is in human nature. We argue because that's how we're programmed, but war is just when there's a build up of anger in many different people.
However, some people are naturally warlike and like to cause conflict. It depends on your upbringing, I think, and the way war is portrayed to you.
In conclusion, I think that war is not driven by human instinct but by human feelings.
/I don't think I answered this question/
Instinct plays a big part in the decisions that we make,the lives we live and the people that we associate our selves with. However as we grow as a person our instict grows and changes with us and for some people I believe that it can evolve to make us strive for conflict and confrontation, so in that aspect I believe it can effect our views about war. Never the less I think that in most people our compassion and morals out weigh our instinct, making us think twice out matters as serious as this.
ReplyDeleteIn conclusion I believe that although instict plays a big part in our decisions regarding this the things that play the biggest part are our morals and compassion.
Tom Neate
Humans are naturally confrontational people, and our instinct is to always want more than we have got. This obviously leads to conflict, with people battling over what is theirs. I think it is not in our instinct to give up innocent lives, however it is rather frightening to think of the lengths the people in positions of power will go to to get what they want.
ReplyDeleteI think humans by nature are greedy, selfish and always wanting more than they've got making us confrontational and sometimes violent. Also that it is human nature to lash out before calming down and deciding their best course of action. I also think that war is glorified by our society making it seem glamorous and that it is a noble undertaking to lay down your life for your country. In conclusion I think that war is driven by our instincts but it's strange that before war everyone is horrified by its outcomes but during war our patriotism sky rockets but with us still knowing about wars horrible consequences.
ReplyDeleteAlthough humans tend to trust their instinct and use it as a form of deciding whether to carry something out or not, war however is a form of human invention. This links to the question of whether war is inevitable to the human race, whether us as mature beings can settle a situation without it resolving in war. It is almost remarkable to risk the length of ones life, merely to prove a point, or contribute to the satisfaction of their competitive attitude. In conclusion, my personal view is that war is not driven by human instinct, it is of us as a human races invention, and we have decided to use war to resolve each issue between two countries. Freya Warsi
ReplyDelete